We’ll talk about one of the most typical 15XXX series errors that impacts QuickBooks today, Error 15106, in this article. Every time a user attempts to update QuickBooks or payroll, they are greeted with the error notice “QuickBooks Error Code 15106: The update software is damaged, or Error 15106: The update application cannot be accessed.” Error 15106 mostly impacts the update function. QuickBooks payroll update issues, unlike other 15XXX series errors, are typically caused by a lack of administrator access and firewall restrictions on the QuickBooks update service. Please read the entire post until the conclusion for information in depth as we have covered the causes and fixes for QuickBooks Desktop issue 15106 in more detail.
Seeking Assistance from Qualified Professionals! If you can’t find your answers in the article, call Payroll Number at +1 (855)-738-0359.
Error 15106 While Updating QuickBooks Payroll: What Is It?
Some apps start producing difficulties during updates when the Windows Installer becomes broken or faulty. The Windows Installer is a piece of software that assists with installing and uninstalling programs and their updates on the Windows operating system. The same situation occurs with QuickBooks when the Windows Installer becomes damaged or defective, resulting in error 15106 being displayed when the user tries to install QuickBooks or update the payroll.
Therefore, if you experience QuickBooks Payroll Error 15106, you must take all required actions to fix the installer and get rid of any third-party programs that are harming the installation file.
May Also Read Related Post: QuickBooks Desktop Keeps Crashing Error
What Leads to QB Desktop Update Error 15106 in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks error code 15106 occurs when the QuickBooks installer file becomes corrupt for unknown reasons or when the user does not have the necessary permissions to carry out the update on Windows, among other causes that might result in issues when updating payroll or installing updates for QuickBooks. All the possible causes of QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15106 are listed below.
- When installing QuickBooks, not all of the extra parts that will later be needed to update the application and payroll are installed.
- The QuickBooks installer may be flagged as a potential danger by the Web Root antivirus programme, which inhibits its Windows operations.
- QuickBooks Update Error 15106 may also occur if your user account does not have Windows administrative rights.
- The Windows User Account Control settings are on high, which inevitably causes QuickBooks updates to fail.
- Antivirus and anti-malware software from a third party preventing QuickBooks updates.
How to Fix Error 15106 in QuickBooks Payroll Update
NOTE: If QuickBooks becomes stuck during the update, make sure you read How to Rectify QuickBooks Error 15241. Experts advise running payroll update after each troubleshooting step to prevent payroll data issues.
1 Step: Log in to your computer using an administrator account to start troubleshooting.
- Select Control Panel by clicking the Start button or by pressing Windows + R, then typing Control Panel in the Run window and pressing Enter.
- Hit Manage another account and, if requested, enter the admin password.
- If your account is already an administrator account, move on to the next troubleshooting step; if not, ask your IT administrator to give your user administrative powers. You can see the account type directly beneath the account name. For further information about logging in as an administrator on Windows, click the link.
Also Read: Error 6123 In QuickBooks Desktop
2 Step: Reset QuickBooks Updates
- Open QuickBooks Desktop, then click the Help tab and choose Update QuickBooks.
- The Options tab’s Mark all option is selected.
- After clicking Save, go to the Update Now tab.
- Select the box next to Reset Update Now, then click Get Updates.
- The next action should be taken if you are still receiving Error 15106 while updating payroll.
3 Sep: Repair QuickBooks Desktop Installation as the third step in troubleshooting
- On the keyboard, press Windows + R, then type “appwiz.cpl” and click Enter.
- In the Uninstall or Change a Program window’s list of installed programmes, scroll down and double-click QuickBooks. Then, select Change / Remove, and then click Next.
- Click Next after making sure the Repair option is selected.
To fix the installation of QuickBooks and get rid of error 15106, click Repair.
If you encounter the error notice “File in Use,” choose “Ignore” and carry with the Repair.
Restart your computer after the repair is finished, then launch the QuickBooks programme.
When you see the QuickBooks has recently downloaded an update window, choose Install Now.
4 Step: Troubleshooting Remove WebRoot Spyware Sweeper
- On your Windows desktop, click Start, then pick Control Panel.
- selecting Add/Remove Programs.
- From the list, double-click WebRoot and select Uninstall/Remove.
- Click Next after selecting Uninstall.
- To completely uninstall the application from Windows, adhere to the on-screen directions.
- Try again to install QuickBooks updates after restarting your computer.
- For more information about removing WebRoot from Windows, click the provided link.
- You can reinstall WebRoot following the update if the problem was resolved after being removed. To prevent future occurrences of QuickBooks problem 15106, you can also add QuickBooks and its related services, such as qbupdate.exe, QBDBMgrN.exe, and QBW32.exe, to the program’s exclusion list.
5 Step: Rename the QuickBooks Update Folder after Disabling Your Antivirus in Troubleshooting
- By simultaneously hitting Ctrl, Shift, and Esc, you may launch Windows Task Manager.
- Right-click your antivirus programme now. (For instance, Norton -> norton.exe, Avast -> avast.exe)
- On the confirmation box, select the End Task option and then press Yes.
- Now use Windows File Explorer to find the QuickBooks installation folder.
- Typically, the components folder for QuickBooks is located at C:Program FilesIntuitQuickBooks(year).
- Rename can be chosen by right-clicking the downloadqb20 or downloadqb19 folder.
- Try updating QuickBooks once more after adding OLD to the end of the folder name.
6 Step : Turn off User Account Control in Windows settings.
- If you’re using Windows 10, use Cortana to search for UAC directly.
- If you are using a different version of Windows, choose Control Panel by clicking the Windows Start button.
- Now use the search box in the top-right to look for User Account Control.
- To change the slider Never to Notify, click User Account Control Settings.
- To save the changes, click OK.
7 Step : To reinstall QuickBooks in Windows Safe Mode using the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- To change Windows, refer to this Microsoft article.
- Now install a brand-new copy of QuickBooks Desktop by using the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
If the aforementioned procedures do not successfully remove Error number 15106 from QuickBooks, call our experts at +1 (855)-738-0359 for additional help. To thoroughly remove QuickBooks Error Code 15106 from your computer, we might need to arrange a remote session with you.