IMPORTANT TIPS ON FILING OF APPLICATION FORM FOR RTI APPLICATION:
i) The RTI application duly filled can be handed over to the concerned authority by hand or by post, in case of post, a postal order of Rs 10 /- may be enclosed with all the details duly filled.
ii) In case no reply is received within 30 days of filing of the RTI application, appeal should be filed.
iv) The list of the PIO is available with all the offices which can also be demanded from the PIO.
v) Please take a receipt of the application and insist for the ID number of the said application.
vi) There is no requirement of any visit to the office of the competent authority in connection with the progress in the application; however the officials concerned can contact the applicant for any clarifications in this regard.
vii) The details of the information sought should be given in very clear terms so that the said information is identified and given to the application in accordance with the RTI Act.
SAMPLE OF THE FORMAT OF RTI APPLICATION
FORM OF APPLICATION SEEKING INFORMATION
(For official use)
Right to Information Act
1. Name of the applicant :——————————————-
2. Address : ——————————————-
3. Particular of information :——————————————-
(a) Concerned department : ——————————————-
(i) Particulars of information required : ——————————————-
(ii) Period for which information asked for : ——————————————-
(iii) Other details :——————————————-
4. I state that the information sought does not fall within the restrictions contained in section 6 of the Act and to the best of my knowledge it pertains to your office.
5. A fees of Rs______ has been deposited in the office of the Competent Authority vide No___ dated:
Signature of applicant
E-mail address, if any:————-
Dated:———————- Tel. No.(Office)______________