The U.S. Department of Treasury provides this service under the name Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS). The IRS uses this service, which is free, to collect employer tax payments. You receive a 4-digit EFTPS PIN and password when you sign up for it. You must also provide this information if you elect to pay for your 940 and 941/944 tax forms electronically. EFTPS offers simplicity, and with that, flexibility, to make tax payments using the QuickBooks software. You can use QuickBooks to use the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System to pay your company’s taxes. This blog post will cover how to Change EFTPS Password in QuickBooks Desktop and Online.
Need Assistance Changing Your QuickBooks EFTPS Password? Dial Payroll Number at 1.855.738.0359 right now.
The IRS’s latest information on EFTPS passwords and the need to update them
The IRS’s requirements for the ETPS Internet password went into effect on October 24, 2019.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error H202
The criteria are as follows, as discussed below:
According to the upgrade, the EFTPS Internet Password has a 13-month expiration period. It indicates that the EFTPS Internet Password must be updated after 13 months.
Users of QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced are required to use passwords that are 12 to 30 characters long. The initial character limit was set at 8–12 characters.
The current password will still be valid and used if you last changed it within the last 13 months.
Follow these steps if the password is more than 13 months old.
1 Option: Update EFTPS Internet Password Requirements
- The first prerequisite is to update QuickBooks Desktop by installing the newest updates.
- Start by opening QuickBooks with administrator privileges and selecting the Help option.
- On the Update QuickBooks window, click the Help tab after selecting Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Choose the Get Updates option to have QuickBooks search for and download the most recent program updates.
- Restart QuickBooks as an administrator after exiting.
- Finally, when prompted, select Install Now.
2 Option: Update QuickBooks’ Payroll Tax Tables
In QuickBooks, go to the Employees tab and choose the Get Payroll Updates option.
Select the Download Latest Updates option, then check the box next to Download Entire Update.
Restart QuickBooks once more, then continue with the steps below.
How Do I Update My EFTPS Internet Password?
The following actions are required to update the EFTPS Internet Password. The Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), PIN, and Internet Password must first be kept in your immediate vicinity.
- Go to eftps.gov/eftps to access the EFTPS website.
- The Login button is located on the homepage. Click it.
- Enter your Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), PIN, and the most recent password for your account’s internet access to log in.
- Your new EFTPS Internet Password must adhere to the most recent IRS regulations. (The prerequisites were covered above.)
Users of QuickBooks Online don’t need to take any additional activities after completing the previously listed stages.
On the EFTPS website, the adjustment can be performed to change theChange EFTPS Password in Quickbooks. EFTPS Internet Password changes are automatically reflected in QBO.
Read more: QuickBooks error 3008
For QuickBooks Online users:
Now, all you have to do is give QuickBooks permission to pay your taxes and file your tax returns. As follows:
- From the navigation menu on the left, select Taxes.
- Choose Payroll Tax from the menu.
- After that, click the option labeled “Edit your e-file and e-pay configuration.”
- Enter the states you want to enroll for tax filing under E-file and e-pay.
- If a popup for an automatic bank connection appears, select it to automatically connect the bank without
- Another choice is to use QuickBooks to link the bank using the account and routing information.
- E-sign the authorization documents to have QuickBooks pay your taxes on your behalf.
Users of QuickBooks Desktop E-pay:
Users who use E-pay and are registered in QuickBooks Desktop editions must update or Change EFTPS Password in Quickbooks. The e-payment cannot be processed until this adjustment has been made. The steps to take in order to do the same are as follows:
- From the Payroll Center, select the Pay Liabilities tab.
- You must choose Federal liability to e-pay from the Pay Taxes and Other Liabilities section.
- When you click View/Pay, you will see that you must select E-payment.
- After making sure of the aforementioned, choose E-pay.
- There is a checkbox next to the phrase “Remember My Information for Next Time.” Uncheck that box.
- Enter the new 4-Digit PIN in the PIN field before entering the EFTPS Internet Password.
- Fill in the gaps if you notice any further missing details.
- Click on Submit to finish.
NOTE: ( For the e-payment you make the next time, re-enter your new 4-Digit PIN and EFTPS Internet Password and click on Remember my Information for Next Time option.)
All things considered, understanding the procedure for changing the Change EFTPS Password in QuickBooks is crucial for users who rely on the software to pay taxes and submit forms. We hope that you are prepared for the upcoming tax filing now that you know the EFTPS Internet password and how to connect with QuickBooks. Call +1.855.738.0359 if you need assistance with any step of the EFTPS login password change process. You get assistance from the expert to complete the process easily. In turn, this guarantees that you’re in order when QuickBooks takes care of your tax filing.