Imaginary Legal Situation: My client Ms. Shreya Goel wants to file for divorce as well as a criminal case against her husband Mr. Dinesh Goel and in-laws as she was subjected to cruelty by them. But she wants to give a chance to her husband to mutually agree for divorce on simple terms: Alimony 5 lacs, shared custody and also to file the petition for mutual divorce as soon as possible.
Legal Notice for Divorce
Advocate Ishita Dutta
Chamber no. 123, Patiala House Court
LEGAL NOTICE FOR DIVORCE & CRIMINAL CASE
Registered Post with A/D
S/o Shri Naresh Goyal
Flat no. 28 Omaxe Apartments
Tilak Nagar, New Delhi
On behalf of my client Ms Shreya Goyal d/o Nritya Goyal R/o Sector 168 Nimbus Golden Palm Noida. I do hereby serve you with the following notice, the contents of which are set forth herein below:-
- That you were married to my client on 12/08/2018 at New Delhi as per the Hindu rites and ceremonies in the presence of relatives and friends of both the parties.
- That after the marriage you and my client lived together as husband and wife. And out of wedlock b/w you and my client one son was born named Jai aged 2 years.
- That at the solemnization of this marriage the parents of my client gave certain valuable articles as Dowry to you and your family. These articles are still in the possession of your family.
- That after the marriage my client was subjected to cruelty and provocation by your family members for giving less-dowry to them. You have also been involved in gambling and consume alcohol and harassing my client.
- That your mother and sister have tried to beat my client more than once when she was pregnant. She was also forced to work more during her pregnancy, when she must be given as much rest as possible. You also subjected her to cruelty during that period.
- That my client has been turned out of her matrimonial home by you and your family members along with your child. Since then you and your family are blackmailing her for not coming back to your house.
- That my client wants to end this marital relationship with you. She wants a mutual divorce with you on certain conditions to be fulfilled by you in this behalf. As she is not working, she needs a maintenance of 50,000 INR per month. You and your family are asked to return all the expensive belongings that were given to you by my clients family as dowry. She also insists on having a joint custody to the child. She also wants you to file the divorce petition as soon as possible after you receive the notice.
- That in case you are not able to comply with the above mentioned conditions then my client would file a criminal charge of Cruelty, for taking dowry as well as of Domestic Violence against you and your whole family.
I therefore call upon you through this legal notice to execute the Divorce Petition to dissolve this marriage. You are also required to comply with the above mentioned conditions. In case of failure to do so, my client shall be forced to institute a criminal proceeding against you and you would be liable to pay all the Court fees and proceeding charges as well.
A copy of this legal Notice is retained by my office for record and further necessary actions.
Date – 01/06/2021