QuickBooks runs on windows through multiple components. It provides various services to users and helps them manage their accounting needs. While running, working or sending forms in the QB application, users may run into QuickBooks Crash Com Error. It may occur due to outdated QB applications, having default mail applications other than Outlook, problems with your mail settings etc. The error message that appears on your screen is:-
Crash: Com Error
Are you unable to send forms in QB due to a QuickBooks crash com error? Reach out to an expert at +1(855)-738-0359 and they will guide you on how to fix it.
Resolve QuickBooks Crash Com Error
There are multiple ways to fix QuickBooks Crash Com Error involving Updating Microsoft Outlook, changing mail settings and running QuickBooks in compatibility mode. Let’s look at these solutions in detail:-
Related Post: Set Up A 1099 Contractor
Solution 1- Update Microsoft Outlook
- Run any Microsoft Office application such as Word.
- Create a new document and tap on the File tab.
- Select Account (or office Account in case you are running Outlook).
- Go to the Product Information section and tap on Update Options.
- Then click on Update Now.
Note:– Click on Enable Updates if you don’t see Update Now options.
- Once Office is done checking for and installing updates, close the ‘You’re up to date’ window.
You May Also Read This Article: Quickbooks Cloud Hosting Provider
Solution 2- Changing Mail Settings
- Open the Control Panel and then go to the User account section.
- Click on Mail and then tap on Microsoft Outlook.
- Go to the Profile section and choose Show Profile.
- Select Outlook and check if Always use this profile is already selected.
- Then choose Prompt for a profile to be used and click on Apply.
- Select Always use this profile and then click on Apply.
- Finally click on OK.
Solution 3- Generate a new Microsoft Outlook Email profile
- Microsoft Outlook should be closed.
- Go to the Control Panel and then the User Account.
- Choose Mail.
- Select Show Profiles, then Add in the Mail Setup window.
- Fill in the name in the Profile Name field.
- Choose OK.
- To add an email account, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Select Then click OK.
Solution 4- Running QuickBooks In compatibility mode
- Select Properties from the drop-down menu when you right-click QuickBooks on your desktop.
- Select Run this software in compatibility mode for on the Compatibility tab.
- Select your Windows version from the dropdown menu.
- Check the box to run this programme as an administrator.
- Select OK, then Apply.
Also Read: QuickBooks 2022 Unrecoverable Error
Solution 5- Set up Microsoft Outlook as the Default Mail Application
- Open Control Panel and select Programs from the option.
- Tap on Default Programs.
- Click on Set your Default programs and then tap on Mail.
- Finally select Outlook.
So this has been all about How To Stop a Crash Com Error . We hope that these solutions will help you ensure that this error does not arise in the future. If you have any doubts left, contact an expert at +1(855)-738-0359 and they will guide you on how to fix it.