Asurion is a company that provides insurance for electronic devices. They have recently begun to offer insurance for the iPhone. This is a new program that they are offering and it is still in its beta phase. Asurion offers two different types of coverage for the iPhone.
The first type of coverage is for hardware failures and the second type of coverage is for accidental damage. The hardware failure coverage includes the replacement of the device if it has a manufacturing defect or if it stops working due to normal wear and tears.
The accidental damage coverage includes replacement of the device if it is damaged by dropping it, spilling liquids on it, or other accidents. The cost of the Asurion insurance plans vary depending on the type of coverage and the length of the plan.
The plans can be purchased for one year or two years. The cost of the one-year plan for hardware failure coverage is $7 per month or $84 per year. The cost of the one-year plan for accidental damage coverage is $9 per month or $108 per year.
The cost of the two year plan for hardware failure coverage is $12 per month or $144 per year. The cost of the two year plan for accidental damage coverage is $15 per month or $180 per
Assuming you have already gone through the process of filing a claim with Asurion and receiving your replacement iPhone, there are only a few steps left to get it up and running! Here’s a quick guide on how to set up an iPhone with Asurion:
- Connect to Wi-Fi: One of the first things you’ll want to do is connect your new iPhone to a Wi-Fi network so you can start downloading apps and updates. Open the Settings app and tap on “Wi-Fi” to find a list of available networks.
- Activate Your iPhone: Once you’re connected to Wi-Fi, you can go ahead and activate your new iPhone. This can be done by tapping on the “Settings” app and then selecting “General.” From there, tap on “About” and then choose “Activate your iPhone.”
- Restore from iCloud or iTunes: If you’ve been backing up your old iPhone using iCloud, you can restore your new device from those backups. Just open the Settings app and tap on “iCloud.” Then, sign in with your Apple ID and choose which backup you want to restore from. Alternatively, if you’ve been backing up using iTunes, you can connect your new iPhone to your computer and restore from those backups as well.
- Set Up Face ID or Touch ID: Depending on which model of iPhone you have, you may be able to set up Face ID or Touch ID for added security
What You Need to Know Before Setting Up Your iPhone
Before you start using your new iPhone, there are a few things you should do to set it up correctly and make sure it’s working properly. Here’s what you need to know:
- Activate your iPhone. You’ll need to activate your new iPhone before you can use it. This can be done by connecting it to a Wi-Fi network or a cellular data network.
- Configure your settings. Take some time to go through the various settings on your new iPhone and configure them according to your preferences. This includes things like setting up email accounts, choosing a wallpaper, and more.
- Download apps and games. One of the best things about the iPhone is the wealth of apps and games that are available for it. Browse the App Store and download some of your favorites so you can start using them right away.
- Get familiar with Siri. Siri is Apple’s virtual assistant that can help you with a variety of tasks, from setting alarms to sending messages. Be sure to take some time to learn how Siri works so you can get the most out of it.
- Stay up-to-date on software updates. As new versions of iOS become available, be sure to install them on your iPhone so you can benefit from new features and improvements
How to Activate Your New iPhone
If you just got a new iPhone, congratulations! Here’s how to get started with activation.
- Check your SIM card: Make sure that the SIM card from your old phone will work in your new iPhone. If you’re not sure, contact your carrier.
- Backup your old iPhone: Once you have your new iPhone, you’ll want to make sure all of your important data is transferred over. Use iCloud or iTunes to backup and then restore your new device.
- Activate with your carrier: Now it’s time to activate your new iPhone with your carrier. This can usually be done online or over the phone.
- Set up as new or restore from backup: You can now choose to set up your new iPhone as a completely new device, or restore from the backup you created earlier. If you’re unsure, we recommend starting fresh!
- Start using your new iPhone: Enjoy all the features and functions of your brand new iPhone!
Tips for Using Your New iPhone
Assuming you have already completed the Asurion set up of your new iPhone, here are a few tips to get the most out of your device:
- Get to know Siri: Siri is your personal assistant and can do a variety of tasks for you such as setting alarms, sending texts, and opening apps. To activate Siri, hold down the home button or say “Hey Siri.”
- Use Apple Pay: With Apple Pay, you can make purchases at participating stores using your iPhone. To set up Apple Pay, go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Take advantage of iCloud: iCloud is a cloud storage service that allows you to back up your data and access it from any iOS device. To set up iCloud, go to Settings > iCloud.
- Stay connected with iMessage: iMessage is a messaging service that allows you to send text messages, photos, videos, and more to other iOS users. To set up iMessage, go to Settings > Messages.
- Get organized with Reminders: Reminders is a built-in app that helps you keep track of tasks and errands. To set up Reminders, go to Settings > Reminders.
Overall, we are highly satisfied with Asurion’s phone setup service. They were very efficient and professional, and they made sure our new iPhone was properly set up before they left. We would definitely recommend their services to anyone who needs help setting up a new device.